- Architecture - Lifestyle - Cocktails - Design - Classic Film - Decor -

Wednesday 1 October 2014

When it Rains…it Pours!

Art Deco Divo: When it Rains…it Pours!

Such a cute turn of phrase, isn’t it? I’m sure we’ve all used it before to describe an onslaught of either good or bad things happening all at once. Well….this is the phrase I’ve chosen to use to excuse my absence over the past few months.  To make a very long story short (deep breath); the wonderful magazine that I worked for (The Grid) shut down all operations on July 2nd. I had just come back from a fun-filled long-weekend and it was game over. Le triste. It was a sad time as I loved not only the publication and my position, but also the amazing people I worked with.

Three weeks after this sudden announcement, I was to move into a new apartment. As you can imagine, it was an extremely stressful time.  Moving is stressful in the best of times…mix it with unemployment? I’m surprised I have hair, and hair that’s still blonde. I did lose a few pounds though, so I guess it wasn't all bad.

Once the move was complete I had to start looking for a job which thankfully, came rather quickly. I started in late August and well... it takes time to settle into a new gig so getting back to the blog wasn't exactly paramount. Three weeks after starting what I feel will be an incredible and fulfilling position, my partner and I ended our relationship(we were engaged). When it rains…it pours… Hopefully this puts things into perspective and you’re not too angry with me and my uber long absence. Now that all the dust has settled, I’m ready to dive back into the blog, so get ready!

I do have to mention that I was so very surprised(pleasantly) when I logged onto the blog today and saw that people were still visiting during my absence; thank you so much! I’d like to thank my Canadian, UK, and American readers, but also a huge Merci, Spasibo, Danke, and Multumesc to my unexpected friends from France, Russia, Germany, and Romania! 

 I feel like everything in my life is new, exciting, and there are so many things that I want to share with you all regarding Art Deco and the amazing city that is Toronto.

As I begin this new chapter in my life, I’d like to share my new home with you guys. As you can imagine, there is much that remains to be done (I have so many ideas!), but I’m rather pleased with where things are headed. I plan to post a feature on my new place in the next few days, but until then I’ll give you the theme: a harmonization of Art Deco and Mid-Century Modern. Alright alright, I'll also give you a teaser pic:

Let the imagination take charge!

Stay tuned, and thanks for the support!

Your Art Deco Divo,

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment