- Architecture - Lifestyle - Cocktails - Design - Classic Film - Decor -

Thursday 8 May 2014

Live from Toronto, it's Art Deco Divo!





Welcome to Art Deco Divo – Toronto’s newest blog about all things Art Deco, as curated by none other than myself, Matt Stokes. We’ll get into how my fascination with this period came to be at some point in the near future, but what I really want to share with you is what this blog is all about. 

Sure, Art Deco was a stunning architectural style, but there is oh so much more to it than that. Art Deco was a lifestyle…it touched clothing, accessories, furniture, art, sculpture…you get the picture. This period also brought on the birth of cocktail culture and was all about glamour…what on earth is sexier than that?

Toronto… or Hollywood North as it’s known to many these days, is an absolute gem when it comes to this amazing style and what I’m going to do is this: I’m going to show you some amazing architecture, I’m going to take you to the coolest bars that serve up the best Art Deco era cocktails in town, heck, I’ll even show you how to make them. I’ll buy beat up, vintage furniture and restore its former glory and I’ll show you how to do the same. Art Deco fabric, glassware, jewellery….why not talk about film why we’re at it?  I think I’ve made my point here, but this blog will show you not only Toronto’s Art Deco past, but how even today, its presence can be felt across the city. Yes -  Art Deco really is the bees knees.

While this blog gains some steam (and after!) please check out my sisters to the south @ArtDecoDivas www.ArtDecoDivas.Blogspot.com for an amazing taste of Art Deco in Hollywood, CA! We’ve got some joint ventures brewing that will be sure to tantalize, so stay tuned!

Your Art Deco Divo, 

Matt

@ArtDecoDivo

1 comment:

  1. This is so fantastic, Matt....or shall we call you Mr. Divo? It's going to be a fun adventure. xxoo

    ReplyDelete